She is tired. Tired of...
- trying to plan 5 different lessons a day that hit 61 different indicators on a rubric (and that's just to score a rock solid "3")
- having to waste instructional time to give tests every week, whether needed or not, just to have data to discuss at PLC meetings
- 5, 6, & 7 year olds who don't understand the language of a mandated test or survey
- teachers being blamed for test scores, when teachers cannot retain students or get students much-needed resource help
- money wasted on programs that take away teacher's professional judgement
- money wasted on teaching coaches that have less experience than the teachers they coach
- money wasted on pet projects that look good on the surface
- professional development training that wastes teacher's time (a whole day talking about what kind of penguins teachers are?)
- witnessing great, experienced teachers (with great evaluation scores) quit mid-year due to stress
- the mystery behind the TVAAS scores that are used to evaluate teachers, but nobody can explain how it is computed
Momma Bears, we must stand up not only for our children, but for their teachers. We know that teachers would protect our children from bullets, but in reality, teachers are taking constant bullets from the TN Department of Education.
We must use our parent power to tell the TN DOE, Governor, our elected officials, and our local school boards to:
Stop bullying teachers! This is a battle worth fighting, and we WILL win.